diumenge, 29 de novembre del 2015

Never have the embarassement of forgeting a name again

 Summary:
This piece of news is the answer to a reader. The reader is Dan, and he ask: "Why do we forget people's names when we first meet them?".
The reason of that is because our minds are associative. Our minds are built out of patterns of interconnected information. Normally we use simple things to remember the name of the person, and they give an example: you remember the name of your cousin Mary because you read  book printed in Paris and in Paris have the Torre Eiffel and  your cousin Mary was in Paris and Mary likes pistachio ice cream. All of these things are for coincidence of time, place, the meaning etc. This simple thing also can help us to remember that Torre Eiffel is the most famous monument in Paris.
These are easy things that can help the people a lot.
My opinion:
I never thought that related nonsense things with my thoughts can help me to remember the names and other things. I think that is a good way can help me a lot with my exams and homework. From now I will use this trick. In my opinion, exercise the brain is very useful to have a good memory.
Difficult words:
-Lengthy: llarg
-Built out of: construït
-Entrenched
Link: http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20151113-how-to-never-forget-a-name-again

(Credit: Getty Images)

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada